Annie took me back to my childhood and helped me uncover some things I have buried for years. Although it was a very uncomfortable experience, I can say that with some years behind me that facing these issues has only brought more light into my life. More light to see the reason we are all here. More reason to put aside our insecurities and discover who God made us to be.
Yes, Annie, we can 'Be Your Own Hero', because when we "get it" ... when we understand that we are a child of God, unique to everyone in the world, made for a purpose that no one else can fill ... we can appreciate who we are, love ourselves, find our passion, and go for IT with love, energy and faith!
Here are some quotes from her book that I will always take with me (hope I don't spoil it for you!):
- "...the door to success swings inward."
- "...anyone can be legendary if they do the interior work."
- "...it is our reaction to a situation and how we proceed afterward that enables us to grow and to change."
- "God is always presenting opportunities in our life for use to redirect the way we are living...look for them..."
- "Only you can do you."
- "Be intentional with the way you speak to yourself."
- "Don't let the walls of society block you from shining your brightest light. Your light will be too bright for some, but don't let them shade it."
- "Beauty is not an outward appearance; it is an energy."
- "A bend in the road is only the end if you do not make the turn."
- "Identify what makes you you - what makes you happy, fills you up, lifts your spirits - and allow yourself to accept that as your normal."
- "Forgiveness is like an investment. It is letting go of the right now, ... to invest in a future that is free from the captivity to a grudge."
- In regards to FOMO ... "Fear missing out on your moment."
- "...there is nothing more beautiful than those who are entirely, unapologetically themselves."
- "I believe that our Creator made each and every one of us for one main purpose - to serve and love other people to our greatest ability and to honor Him by doin so."
- "By allowing yourself to be completely, entirely, and utterly you, you allow others to be completely, entirely, and utterly themselves."
- "...the world needs your sparkle. Go shine it."
Cudos, Annie. It is so awesome seeing you grow up ... and learning from you! A 'must read' for girls and women of all ages!
Get a copy of her book today HERE!